Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

sunday funday

Sunday was our last day in Philly so we decided to spend the morning and early afternoon randomly walking around.
We stopped for brunch at Cuba Libre - let me just stop here and say that I had some of the best food of my life during this trip. This place was just plain fantastic. Look at how cute it was inside!



We ordered a sampler of tropical juices (yum!)
and they brought out this wonderful bread (double yum!).

I had a brioche stuffed french toast crusted with hazelnuts -- wow.
The only bad part was that it was too big to finish; it was so sad to have to leave any of it on my plate :(
We followed up with what was quite possibly the best coffee I have ever had: cuban coffee with steamed coconut milk (!)


Afterwards we roly-polied our way around for awhile, taking in the sights and sounds of downtown Philly
(I felt like a giant slug after eating so much rich food -
but definitely worth it, haha)






We eventually made our way down to Rodin's sculpture, The Thinker.


(yeah, I know, I have a boring pose)

It was a fantastic weekend and I look forward to going back to Philadelphia for more exploring - it's a fascinating city with a lot of history and, in case you haven't noticed from my obsessive focus on our meals,
amazing food.
It was nice to get back home to our dogs (only one thing destroyed,
whoo hoo!) but the travel bug has bitten us full force - yikes!

Guess we'll have to buy some lottery tickets, haha...

1 comment:

Mom of struggling actress said...

I enjoyed your pictures and descriptions of the wonderful food and coffee that you indulged in! Looks like you had a wonderful birthday weekend in Philly!!